September 2022 Community Recap
September was filled with some really great things here at Liquibase. Let’s take a look at what our Community focused on in the last month.
Here are the release highlights for September:
Liquibase 4.16.0 Has been released
Full changelog: v4.15.0…v4.16.0
- [LABS] The `liquibase flow` command and flow files are still available under the Liquibase Labs license.
- Introduces “contextFilter” and “labelFilter” replacement settings by @nvoxland in 2971
- Added support for changeset references in rollback for Formatted SQL changelogs by @atzawada in #1386
- Add schemas and includeSchema parameters to maven generateChangeLog by @MalloD12 in #3210
- Updates the snakeyaml dependency shipped in the liquibase-maven-plugin pom to address CVE-2022-25857
OWASP Dependency Check: Reported Vulnerabilities
- snakeyaml.jar – This is a “medium” vulnerability reported against the snakeyaml library. We are currently on the newest version of snakeyaml and there is no fix for the issue as of yet.
You can also read the Release Notes for additional info.
There were a lot of great contributions from the Liquibase Community this month. Here are some of the highlights!
First-Time Contributors for September
- @marcus-nl made their first contribution in #3047
- @nick318 made their first contribution in #3098
- @danilmalkin made their first contribution in #3095
- @breglerj made their first contribution in #3087
- @Stuchalin made their first contribution in #1324
- @jamey-clari made their first contribution in #1842
- @Tantalon made their first contribution in #3150
- @atzawada made their first contribution in #1386
- @MalloD12 made their first contribution in #3210
- @dyadyushko made their first contribution in #3187
Our tailored courses with Liquibase University will help you level up your Liquibase Learning! 🍎
We have been working hard to update our University offerings, and we think you’ll love the changes. There’s still more to come, and we can’t wait to share it with you. Enroll in your free Liquibase Fundamentals course today and earn your certification. Share your certs on LinkedIn, too, so your colleagues can celebrate your progress!
Top Forum Supporters of the Month
Thank you to the following members for supporting our community by being our top responders in the Liquibase forum this month! We appreciate that they take the time to help other community members learn more about Liquibase on our Forum. See where they rank on the Liquibase Legends Leaderboard.
You can watch many other helpful videos on our YouTube channel – Don’t forget to subscribe and hit that bell to be notified when we upload new content!
September Webinar – How to Architect Modern Database CI/CD Pipelines on AWS
Key considerations for scaling your database deployments in the cloud
What’s Up Next?
Share your ideas and vote for suggestions from the community!
We strive to create content that meets the needs of the community. We encourage you to share your ideas with us! Please take a few minutes to browse the idea board, share your thoughts, and upvote other ideas you find valuable. Thank you!
Community Helpers Wanted!
Calling all helpers! One of the ideas at the center of the open source movement is collaborating. An easy way to collaborate with other community members is by sharing your knowledge. We have a vibrant group of folks from all around the globe sharing the spaces on our Forum, StackOverflow, GitHub, and Discord. But, we need your help! New folks join every day, and we welcome old friends with open arms.
Click one of the links above this week and help answer a new question asked by others in the community. You can earn points towards your Liquibase Legends status by answering questions! Hope to see you there!
Top Questions Asked in the Forum
These questions had the most views in our forum recently. Check out their answers from members of our community and comment with your expertise! See who’s on the top of the forum.
- Data warehouse & Liquibase
- liquibase.exception.LockException: Could not acquire change log lock
- Liquibase Legends Webpage
- Liquibase to Snowflake DevOps
- One SQL-update-script for changelog for any DB state?
Upcoming Webinar for October:
2022 State of DevOps Report Deep Dive
Google Cloud & DORA survey results are in! Discover DevOps practices that make teams successful.
Updates to the Liquibase Community Meetup
We are revamping our Meetup schedule to bring the community more of what you want.
If you’re a Liquibase user, community partner, or just have a great story about how you use Liquibase, we’d love to hear more and possibly feature you at a community Tech Talk. Click the link and submit your idea!
To all of the people in the community who share their Liquibase stories, insights, and experience: Thank you. Below are some of our favorite content contributions from last month.
- This Week in Neo4j: Cypher Queries, IKEA Knowledge Graph, Linkedln Course, and More (Neo4j)
- Progressive delivery for database schema changes oh my (RedMonk)
- Test Spring Data Repositories with H2 in-memory database (GeekyHacker)
- Building Microservices with Spring and Cloud Spanner (Medium)
- Liquibase Tutorial: Spring boot application with Liquibase (Medium)
- Managing database schema in different environments using Liquibase (Medium)
- Liquibase rollback – A smart way to do it with Jenkins (Pretius)
- How can I populate Liquibase parameter values from an external properties file? (9to5Answer)
- 15 Women-Led Companies to Know (and Work For) (JobSage)
Thank you to all who have continued to support and contribute to Liquibase. As always, hop over to our community page to learn more about how to get involved.
See you next month with more updates!