October Community Recap
Oh, how I love October. A month filled with pumpkin-spiced everything, excessive amounts of Halloween candy, and the best of all, memes of skeletons doing human-like things.
It’s a bummer this “person” didn’t use Liquibase to automate their database deployments. They really worked to the bone! 💀 I promise that’s as humerus as this recap gets! Let’s dive in.
📢 New Liquibase University Course: Common Liquibase Design Patterns
This course reviews five real-world Liquibase design patterns, including how to address database drift, utilize property substitution in a Liquibase project, and how Liquibase is used in a state, migration, or hybrid approach for database deployments.
Community Roundtable – Best Practices for Managing Liquibase Changelogs
Liquibase Project Founder, Nathan Voxland, and the community team discussed best practices for managing Liquibase changelogs at our October Community Roundtable. In case you missed it, check out the recording of the discussion above.
2021 State of DevOps Report
The 2021 State of DevOps Report was released in September! The full report is always worth a read, but if you don’t have time to dive into the data, we’ve got you covered. Check out our 6 Key Takeaways from DORA’s 2021 State of DevOps Report on the blog and our recent webinar with report co-author, Michelle Irvine.
Community Tech Talk: Tips & Tricks For Using Liquibase With Docker – November 11
Join the Liquibase Community Tech Talk on Thursday, November 11, 2021 at 11am CST.
We’ll show you how to get up and running with Liquibase using Docker while also covering tips and tricks for more seasoned Liquibase users.
We’re hiring a Technical Community Manager!
Want to join the Liquibase community team? We’re searching for a Technical Community Manager to help grow and engage with our community! This is a fully remote role and we encourage applicants from anywhere in the world.
This is what you’ll do:
- Learn Liquibase enough to be considered a Liquibase User or (ideally) a Liquibase Power User
- Write content that helps users learn about and use Liquibase
- Engage with users and contributors in the forum and across our other properties to help answer the questions and bring the community together
Content we ❤️
Thanks to all of the people in the community who share their stories, insights, and experience with Liquibase. Below are the top pieces of content from October.
- CICD Doesn’t Have To Be a Four Letter Word for Oracle Database Developers -Brian Spendolini
- Join the Database Tools Team at Oracle Database World -Jeff Smith
- Liquibase Introduces Quality Checks for Database Changes -iTech News
- A Complete MLOps Toolbox – Martin Carmona
- Celebrating the 1000th Course Completion for Liquibase University -Caroline Hunt
- Camunda Automation Platform 7.16.0 Released -Camunda Platform Team
- Cloud Native Database Migrations with Schemahero.io – Daniela A Torres Faría
- Integration Tests in Spring Boot with MockMvc, DBUnit, and H2 -Sergio Lema
- Liquibase + Spring Boot -Konstantin Shibkov
- How to Build a Metadata-Drive UI -Sergei Visotsky
- 47 Best DevOps Tools for 2021 -Martin Luenendonk
- Setup Liquibase on Maven -R. Carrillo
Top Questions Asked in the Forum
These questions had the most views in our forum recently. Check out their answers from members of our community and comment with your own expertise!
- How to Use the LoggerUIService
How to properly use the LoggerUIService to redirect UI logs
- How do I run Liquibase Commands?
How to run a Liquibase command such as “rollbackCount” in a Spring Boot project
- Issue Running SQLPlus as Sys
How to run build scripts as ‘sys’
Top Forum Supporters of the Month
Thank you to the following for supporting our community by answering the most questions in the Liquibase forum this month! See where they rank on the Liquibase Legends Leaderboard.
Thank you to all who have continued to support and contribute to Liquibase. As always, hop over to our community page to learn more about how to get involved.
See you next month with more updates!