March Community Recap
Warm greetings, spring! Here in Texas, the bluebonnets are in full bloom, the days feel longer and there’s an overwhelming desire to spend every minute of your day outside. It’s an exciting season and with it comes some equally exciting updates from the Liquibase Community. Let’s dive in!
Liquibase 4.3.2 Released!
This release includes community-contributed pull requests, bug fixes, and enhancements. See our Liquibase releases in GitHub for more detailed information!
Thank you to everyone in the community who made it possible!
Chris Abrams, Iván López, chadoc, jglink, Steve Saliman, Malathi, Tsvi Zandany, Jose Hernandez Moreno, Nathan Voxland, Wes Willard
Legends accreditations fresh off the press
If you’ve earned status as a Liquibase Luminary, Leader or Legend, be on the lookout for your official accreditation! Once you’ve received it, add it to your LinkedIn so you can show it off and brag to your friends and colleagues! If you share it on Twitter, you’ll even earn points!
Not yet signed up for Liquibase Legends? What’s the hold up? Join our community of Legends!
Easy peasy points to get you started
New to the Legends community? Maybe you’re so close to leveling up? Here’s how to grab some easy points.
- Answer questions on Liquibase Stackoverflow
- Answer questions on Liquibase Forum
- Complete a community survey
- Write an article about Liquibase
We need your help and feedback
Product Feedback – 4 Points
The Liquibase product team want to hear your biggest frustrations and joys about using Liquibase…the good, the bad and the ugly. Your feedback will help make Liquibase easier and more enjoyable for everyone! You’ll even earn 4 points towards your Liquibase Legends status for a 15-minute chat.
Liquibase “Secret” Closed Beta – 10 points
This beta allows you to version data in your database and share your work with other team members. Think of it as “Git for data.” You’ll earn a whopping 10 points towards Liquibase Legends! That would automatically level you up to a Liquibase Luminary. ️ Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to participate!
Meet our first Liquibase Legend, Alexandru!
Congratulations, Alexandru Slobodcicov on becoming our very first Liquibase Legend! He’s made an incredible impact on our community thanks to his extensive work on the MongoDB and Cosmos DB extensions. We can’t thank you enough, Alex!
If you see him around, be sure to congratulate him for his achievements! While you’re at it, ask him about his favorite Moldovan wines too!
Content we ❤️
Thanks to all of the people in the community who share their stories, insights, and experience with Liquibase. Below are the top pieces of content from March.
- Liquibase on Maven with SQL Files – The Dev World by Sergio Lema
- Версионирование структуры БД при помощи Liquibase – Sturkov Mark
- Webinar Experior – Março 2021- Experior
- Supercharge Container Deployments with JFrog and Liquibase – Robert Reeves
- Manage database changes with Liquibase in Spring Boot -Soham Dasgupta
- JPA Buddy: Умный помощник — половина работы –Andrey Oganesyan
- How to Use Liquibase with Springboot (Gradle) – Meliodas Niwat
- p de Podcast – Marcio Frayze David and Julianno Martins Silva
- Easy Blue-Green Deployments with Liquibase – Martha Bohls
- What is Liquibase and how to start using it? Automate your database scripts deployment with this Liquibase tutorial – Rafał Grzegorczyk
- Webinar Experior #01 Liquibase – Automatize as mudanças em banco de dados – Experior
- Liquibase, paramétrer facilement des données factices en contexte de développement –Cédric Prezelin
- Start Here: Preparing for Database Automation with Liquibase – Dan Zentgraf
- Database Schema Migrations : A Few Lessons Learned – Dan Watt
Top questions asked on the forum
These questions had the most views in our forum recently. Check out their answers from members of our community.
- Is there a way to whitelist blacklist particular objects when doing a diff – JLG
- Diff shows difference interger to int– rolton
- Liquibase maven plugin with mongo db updatesql – Pooja
Top forum supporters of the month
Thank you to all who have continued to support and contribute to Liquibase. As always, hop over to our community page to learn more about how to get involved.
See you in May with more updates!