Recent Liquibase Articles, March 2020
Here are some articles and other interesting things written by the many people around the world that are using Liquibase.
- JHipster Crash Course – Part 1
JHipster is an opinionated application generator. One of the key features in the applications it generates is schema change control using Liquibase. This article describes using JHipster to generate a microservices gateway.
- You Version Your Code, Why Not Your Database
A 33 minute long beginner-level course from PluralSight showing how to use Liquibase.
- Example CI/CD (using Docker, Gradle, Spring, Terraform, Helm, liquibase deploying to EKS kube cluster)
Quick Reddit post to r/devops showing an example of a whole lot of cool technologies being used together. Has links to the source code for the example.
- Convince Your Team to Try Liquibase
Datical’s CTO Robert Reeves discusses all the reasons you should be using Liquibase, and how you can help convince others in your organization that you should be using it.
- Want to get the developer experience right? Focus on the basics
Robert Reeves with another great article on why it is important to have a great developer onboarding experience, and the basic things your organization should have in place to make that happen. No surprise that a database schema change tool is a key factor!
- Integrate Java Database Versioning with Liquibase using MySQL, A Step by Step Guide
A very comprehensive ‘getting started with Liquibase and Spring Boot’ article that has lots of examples.
- Databases also getting the full DevOps treatment, survey shows
Summary of a survey done by our friends at Redgate showing that while lots of teams are automating database deployments, there are still many that have yet to tackle this problem.