Liquibase 4.2 Released
This major release offers significant enhancements and bug fixes for both Liquibase Community and Pro users and supports further Liquibase Hub integration.
What’s in this release
Liquibase Community users will enjoy multiple enhancements and bug fixes. Here are some of the highlights:
- CockroachDB support (check out our CockroachDB tutorial)
- Improvements and bug fixes, including:
- XML Export
- XSD space issue
- CLOB handling
We’d like to give a shoutout to the following community members for all of their contributions to this release: d.volkov, Leonardo Arcari, Timur Tibeyev, Stéphane Nicoll, Pankaj Kumar, Pavlo Tytarchuk, Matt Bertolini, Rafi Shamim, Adam Pantel, Erzsebet Carmean, Wes Willard, Mike Olivas, Nathan Voxland, Ronak Rahman, Caroline Hunt.
Liquibase Pro improvements
We are proud to offer certified support for MySQL 5.7 and 8.0 for exporting Stored Logic objects, including functions, stored procedures, triggers, views, and more.
- Stored logic support certified with MySQL 5.7 and 8.0
- Local/on-prem instances
- AWS RDS instances
- Documented Liquibase Pro workflows for MySQL users
- What’s next: Certifying support for MariaDB.
Liquibase Hub integration updates
We’ve also made many improvements for Liquibase Hub users! (Sign up Hub if you haven’t yet.) We’ve enhanced the speed of command reporting by a factor of 11! Additionally, we’ve made minor tweaks including:
- Providing clearer INFO and WARNING messages
- Fixes to a registerchangelog issue with some formatted sql changelogs
- Improved Maven integration and support