Liquibase 4.0 Beta 1 Released
Liquibase 4.0 Beta 1 is now available through Liquibase.org. In this new major release, we have integrated dozens of community Pull Requests, addressing well over 100 bugs, in addition to the dozens of updates to the 3.8.x branches.
This release comes with the same risks as all Beta software. We have tested dozens of PRs across multiple environments, interacting with multiple databases, but we cannot test all the wildly diverse ways the community uses Liquibase. This is where the Community comes in. In this Beta we are counting on valuable community members — like you — to put this Beta through your workflow and let us know (and even fix) any issues you encounter in your specific setup and use cases.
How to be a Beta tester
Please check out our Beta Program for details on how to get involved with the Liquibase 4.0 Beta test plan, including code and integrations tested, not tested, and not ready for test yet.
The underlying goal of Beta testing is to uncover, document, and share all the issues that keep you from working how you want to work with Liquibase. Please test your setup and document any problems as a new GitHub issue or GitHub code contribution.
We covered the following broad categories in our testing:
- Where Liquibase writes output
- How Liquibase finds files
- How Liquibase works in integrations
- How Liquibase interacts with the database
- How Liquibase Pro interacts with the database
Highlighted Pull Requests and Bug Fixes
There are too many issues which have been addressed to list them all below, but here are some highlights:
- Using proxy user for Oracle Connections
- Support for Oracle Proxy User through jdbc url syntax: –url=jdbc:oracle:thin:PROXY_USER/@host:port/servicename
- ignoreLines command in formatted sql log
- postgresql >= 10: use identity columns for auto-increment
- Use identity columns on postgres versions > 9
- runOnChange change set runs every time even if there wasn’t changed
- Indexes with DESC sorting are not created for PostgreSQL
- Support boolean in firebird 3.0
- Adds clearCheckSums property in spring integration
- Oracle datatype translation changes
- Implement sequence support for MariaDB
- Cleanup checksum classes
- Generate diff with onDelete and onUpdate
- PrimaryKeySnapshotGenerator throws NPE for SQLite
- Handle java.sql.Time when setting prepared statement parameter values in CSV files
- Offline history support not correctly closing files
- Restore usage of database list definition matches to match the dbms tag against the database type
- UUID type handling improvements
- Correctly close yaml file in generateChangeLog
- Adding restricted words for MSSQL Server Database
- Getting a java.io.FileNotFoundException using Liquibase with Spring reactive web
- Fix nullPointerException when migrating RedShift
Get involved in the Beta
To make Liquibase 4.0 solid and reliable, we need community support. Here’s how to get involved:
- Sign up to get updates on the Liquibase Beta Program:
- Review the Liquibase Beta test goals.
- Review the ways you can participate: