June 2022 Community Recap
June was a busy month for the Community team at Liquibase. We attended cdCON as a Gold Sponsor, held in Austin, Texas, US on June 6 & 7, hosted by The Linux Foundation. It was great to get some in-person face time with our colleagues and community members, as well as meeting new folks. We’re glad it’s finally safe enough to return to in-person conferences. Follow us on LinkedIn to stay updated about events we participate in.
Latest Liquibase Release
Highlights of this release include a breaking change of moving Snowflake Support into the main Liquibase artifact, 7 enhancements, updates to the JDBC driver and 3rd party libraries, almost 2 dozen bug fixes, and a lot of first-time community member contributions in the release. To learn more about these changes, Release Notes are available in our Liquibase Documentation, and a detailed changelog is available on Liquibase GitHub.
Join Liquibase Legends
First-Time Contributors for June
We believe – and we hope you do too – that learning how to contribute to open source can empower the next generation of coders and creators. We VALUE first-time contributors and we want them to know that everyone started somewhere! Start here and we could see your name on this list for July!
Our community has built a lot for this release. Thanks to everyone who contributes and helps make the Liquibase community strong, including the following first-time contributors to the release.
- @MichaelCkr made their first contribution in https://github.com/liquibase/liquibase/pull/2595
- @akatiyar made their first contribution in https://github.com/liquibase/liquibase/pull/2616
- @Cliftonz made their first contribution in https://github.com/liquibase/liquibase/pull/2785
- @reallyinsane made their first contribution in https://github.com/liquibase/liquibase/pull/2524
- @MartinRied made their first contribution in https://github.com/liquibase/liquibase/pull/2781
- @dwieland made their first contribution in https://github.com/liquibase/liquibase/pull/2656
- @mngsgoncalves made their first contribution in https://github.com/liquibase/liquibase/pull/2277
- @kamalnigam made their first contribution in https://github.com/liquibase/liquibase/pull/2837
- @bendem made their first contribution in https://github.com/liquibase/liquibase/pull/2567
- @xjodoin made their first contribution in https://github.com/liquibase/liquibase/pull/605
- @abrackx made their first contribution in https://github.com/liquibase/liquibase/pull/2934
- @coenvk made their first contribution in https://github.com/liquibase/liquibase/pull/2600
DBmarlin and Liquibase: Increase database change success rate
Thank you to those who joined our DBmarlin and Liquibase: Increase database change success rate – Tech Talk Liquibase Community Meetup!
If you missed out, we recorded it for you! Click above to play the video.
This recording and many other helpful videos are available anytime on our YouTube channel. Don’t forget to subscribe and hit that bell to be notified when we upload new content!
Database DevOps 101: Applying DevOps Principles to the Database
Join our experts Karen Taggart and Tsvi Zandany to learn how you can integrate the database into your software development flows – and deliver more value to end-users faster.
Bonus: cdCON Lightning talk with Robert Reeves, CTO of Liquibase
“Larry Wall once said that the 3 qualities of a good software engineer are laziness, impatience, and hubris…and I have them all.” Learn more about Robert Reeves‘ thoughts on continuous delivery in his lightning talk ⚡ at #cdCon Austin
Register below to join us for our monthly meetup.
🗓July 14, 2022
⏰ 11AM -12PM CDT
⏳ 60 minutes
Can’t attend? Register anyway and we’ll share the recording so you can watch it whenever works best for you.
July 2022 Meetup: Ask Me Anything!
The Liquibase Community Meetup is on Thursday, July 14th, 2022 at 11 am CST.
Join hostess Tabby Worthington, co-host Kevin Chappell and other Liquibasers for our quarterly “Ask Me Anything” meetup! Want to know how Liquibase can bring DevOps to your database change management?
Have another question or topic you would like us to cover? Let us know using our Google Form.
Regardless of your level of experience with Liquibase, Database DevOps, or Open Source software — we want to hear from you!
|This session will be recorded. As always…No punks, no jerks.|
Liquibase Community Content
Thanks to all of the people in the community who share their stories, insights, and experience with Liquibase. Below are the top content contributions from March.
- Liquibase Data: Version Control and Collaboration for the Database – Hosted by Percona
- Use Liquibase with JPA/Hibernate entities in IntelliJ IDEA | JPA Buddy – by JPA Buddy
- Taking Living Documentation to the next level – Florent Biville
Top Questions Asked in the Liquibase Forum
These questions had the most views in our forum recently. Check out their answers from members of our community and comment with your own expertise!
- searchPath? resourcePath? What should it be called?
- You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ” at line 14
- Mongodb driver with liquibase cli
- Hide ChangeSet author from logs?
Top Liquibase Forum Supporters of the Month
Thank you to the following for supporting our community by answering the most questions in the Liquibase forum this month! See where they rank on the Liquibase Legends Leaderboard. Want to see your name here next month? Join us on the forum!
Thank you to all who have continued to support and contribute to Liquibase. As always, hop over to our community page to learn more about how to get involved.
See you next month with more updates!
TLDR: We love and appreciate you for making our community so welcoming and helpful! Thanks!