June Community Recap
“DevOps” wasn’t even a word when Liquibase launched 15 years ago on June 16, 2006 . In case the math doesn’t shock you like it does me, if Liquibase was a teenager here in the United States, it would be a year shy of obtaining a driver’s license. Oh, how time flies by! 15 years of the Liquibase community deserves to celebrated and celebrate we did! There was also lots more to celebrate from the month of June! Let’s dive in.
Celebrating 15 years of Liquibase
What began in 2006 as a small personal side project by Nathan Voxland has now been downloaded over 75 million times by users in more than 139 countries. Since the initial release of Liquibase, there have been 102 releases with the help of over 1,200 open source contributors. Thank you, Liquibase community!
This release includes bug fixes and some key changes including:
- Easier to use commands
- No need to remember weird case-sensitivity or camelCase specifics. (But it’s backward-compatible, so you can keep using it the same old way, too!)
- “Did you mean?” available for mistyped commands
- Save time and summon command-specific help right in the CLI for reference using the
- Liquibase Pro users will now have integral support for Environment variables for added security and convenience using LIQUIBASE_* Environment variables. View the docs for more info.
Quality Checks Feedback Session
The Liquibase team wants your input on a new feature that builds higher-quality database changes. We’re calling it a quality check.
We’d like to interview you so you can tell us about the problems you encounter with database changes. We want to understand what types of checks/testing your team is doing today and learn about any other checks you’d like to see.
Sessions take less than 30 minutes. In return, you’ll earn 5 points toward Liquibase Legends! If you complete the session by July 9th, you’ll earn 10 points (which qualifies you for Liquibase Luminary status).
Upcoming Community Events
We’re continuing our popular “Ask Me Anything” format – an open forum to chat with Liquibase experts in our community. Liquibase Founder, Nathan Voxland will be there, too! There are no questions or issues too big or too small. We’re here to help.
New Liquibase Legends!
Congratulations to our newly minted Liquibase Legends! Your individual contributions make our entire community better every single day. Thank you!
Content we ❤️
Thanks to all of the people in the community who share their stories, insights, and experience with Liquibase. Below are the top pieces of content from June.
- Database Migration Systems: An Overview -Lee Zhen Yong
- What is Liquibase? -Tudip
- So It Begins! — GSoC 2021 Week 1 -Piumal Rathnayake
- Enterprise CI/CD Best Practices — Part 3 -Kostis Kapelonis
- Propagating Changes Between Schemas/Environments in Oracle Database with SQLCL and Liquibase | Part Two: CI/CD Pipeline with Visual Builder Studio -Javier Mugueta
- Use Liquibase to Safely Evolve Your Database Schema -Sam Zhu
- This Week in Neo4j – Graph Embeddings, Confluent with Aura, Intro Video, Liquibase, Data Stack Show -Elaine Rosenberg
- Kubernetes, Spring Boot, Liquibase & Init Containers -Ingress Academy
- Kristyl Gomes and Robert Reeves – Liquibase – Databases: The Anchor in Your CI/CD Process -Percona
- DevOps your Oracle Database with Liquibase in less than 1 hour by Rafał -Swiss Oracle User Group
- Manage Database changes using Liquibase + Spring + CockroachDB -Luiz Gustavo De O. Costa
- How to create your first code-generator with Wupiter -David Kiss
- Немного CI/CD магии: настраиваем доставку скриптов миграции базы данных с использованием GitLab и Liquibase -CodeOTR
- The Developer-DB Love-Hate Relationship -Ember Crooks
Top questions asked on the forum
These questions had the most views in our forum recently. Check out their answers from members of our community.
- Rollback programmatically
- An example of rollback using the native Liquibase Java commands
- How to roll back stored procedure using SQL format
- Discussion around rolling back stored procedures with Liquibase
- Create spring-boot starter
- Using Liquibase with Spring Boot
Top forum supporters of the month
Thank you to all who have continued to support and contribute to Liquibase. As always, hop over to our community page to learn more about how to get involved.
See you in July with more updates!