July 2022 Community Recap
Moving through the summer of 2022, it’s hard to believe it’s already August! Let’s take a look at everything that happened at Liquibase last month.
At Liquibase, we release our software according to the CI/CD method, so we release often. Here are a few of the most recent release highlights.
Liquibase 4.14 Released July 25, 2022
Highlights of this release include one important change:
We split Liquibase Community Edition (Open Source, Free) and Liquibase Pro (Commercial, Paid) into two separate .jar files. To learn more about this update, please read Karen’s awesome blog: Two .Jars Beat as One
You can also read the Release Notes and Full Changelog for additional info.
First-Time Contributors for July
Our community has built a lot for this release. Thanks to everyone who contributes and helps make the Liquibase community strong, including the following first-time contributors to the release.
“The courses are sized to be easily digestible, with a good mix of learning tasks including instructional videos and practice activities.”
–Jeff Pell, VP of Data Services at Blue Sentry Cloud.
Build your Liquibase Expertise with Liquibase University 🍎 https://hubs.li/Q01hVcDV0
Top Forum Supporters of the Month
Thank you to the following members for supporting our community by answering the most questions in the Liquibase forum this month! See where they rank on the Liquibase Legends Leaderboard.
- Daryldoak (9)
- Ktaggart (4)
- Roberthafner (4)
- EduardUta (3)
- DarrianCZE (3)
Did you know that you can earn points towards unlocking the Liquibase Luminary, Leader, and Legend Achievements just by answering questions on the Liquibase forum? Check out our updated points for 2022, and don’t forget to join the program!
Your questions are answered! Ask Me Anything – Liquibase Community Meetup
Thank you to those who joined our Ask Me Anything Community Meetup for July 2022
If you missed out, we recorded it for you! Click above to play the video. You can watch many other helpful videos on our YouTube channel! Here are a few highlights you might find interesting.
- How to Set Up GitLab CI/CD Pipelines with Liquibase
- Liquibase Data for MongoDB
- Version Control & Collaboration for Your Oracle Database with Liquibase Data
- Liquibase Data for Microsoft SQL Server
Don’t forget to subscribe and hit that bell to be notified when we upload new content!
Migrating Database Workloads to a Cloud-native Architecture on AWS with Liquibase
Learn how Liquibase helps customers manage the process of migrating database workloads to support microservices on AWS, all while increasing agility, scale, and speed.
Share your ideas and vote for suggestions from the community!
How can we improve your Liquibase experience? What new features do you want to see? What problems do you want us to fix? An idea board is available to our community (you!) to share your ideas and request features to help guide the direction of Liquibase Community!
Please take 5 minutes to share your ideas and upvote other ideas that you find valuable with the heart icon. Thank you!
Meetup and Webinar summer break
We will be taking a “summer break” from our Meetup and Webinar series for August. With a global audience and workforce, many in the community are taking holidays and using some well-earned vacation time before the seasons change. Watch for some “back to school” content coming in September!
Thanks to all of the people in the community who share their Liquibase stories, insights, and experience. Below are the top content contributions from March.
- Sandbox Databases 👉 No one wants to be the person who “broke” the CI build! 😥 Let’s talk about the benefits (and challenges) of sandbox databases 🏖️
- Introduction to CI/CD for DB 👉 If you’re new to CI/CD and #DevOps….welcome! 👋 Here’s the best place to start 📍
- Adding Liquibase to an Existing Project 👉 There are 2 approaches to adding Liquibase to an existing project. But, before you choose an approach, there are a few things to consider. Some advice from Project Founder, Nathan Voxland
- Liquibase Careers 👉 We’re #hiring across multiple departments with plenty of #remote opportunities! Join our team
- Automating Your Database Release Process: What You Should Know 👉 When automating your database release process, there are a handful of tips to know in advance. Learn more from our seasoned professional services engineers in this on-demand webinar.
- TOC Election Results are in! Welcome 5 New Members 👉 Congratulations to Liquibase CTO, Robert Reeves for being elected to the Continuous Delivery Foundation TOC Governing Board!
- How to Bring DevOps to the Database 👉 Bye, bottleneck! 👋 Learn how companies are finding effective ways to bring the #database and #DevOps together to improve their development and operations.
- Guide to Database DevOps 👉 Get a great primer on #database #DevOps. After all, you can only ship code as fast as you can deploy it. Start learning about automating database change and deployments.
- Closing the Deployment Gap through Database Change & Release Automation 👉 Although government agencies have been investing in and modernizing application delivery processes, most application changes require corresponding database changes and database code changes have not kept pace with the speed of app code changes. Explore our Tech Spotlight to learn how Liquibase is closing the deployment gap
- Easily Import Data into your Database 👉 Looking for an easy way to import data into a database? Many may not know that #Liquibase can easily help with this!
Top Questions Asked in the Forum
These questions had the most views in our forum recently. Check out their answers from members of our community and comment with your own expertise! See who’s on the top of the forum.
- What to call the changelog of changelogs
- Run remaining commands in a single .sql file, even if one command fails
- Custom datatype with spring boot 2.5 and liquibase 4.3.5
- Liquibase 4.12 Upgrade –> SQL Parse Error?
- Liquibase – liquibaseSchemaName parameter not working with Redshift
Thank you to all who have continued to support and contribute to Liquibase. As always, hop over to our community page to learn more about how to get involved.
See you next month with more updates!