January 2022 Community Recap
One month of 2022 down, 11 more to go! A new month (and year!) bring new releases and exciting roadmap plans. Let’s dive into the updates.
Liquibase 4.7.0 & 4.7.1 Released
This release includes community-contributed pull requests, Liquibase Community and Liquibase Pro bug fixes, and a new
init command with the
init projectsubcommand helps to set configuration files for using Liquibase or, if you already use Liquibase, create new project files with minimal input. [DAT-8640]
init start-h2subcommand helps to start the included in-memory H2 database. The subcommand needs to be run in a new terminal window. [DAT-8945]
4.7.1 was released on January 20th with patch fixes.
Our community has built a lot. Thanks to everyone who contributes and helps make the Liquibase community strong, including the following contributors to the release.
- Nicolas Humblot
- Jakub Herkel
- Sergeev Viktor
- Michael Kroll
- Cullen Coyle
- Matthias Wuttke
Get Certified as a Liquibase Associate
LB205 Certification Exam now available!
The Liquibase Certified Associate exam is for users who wish to authenticate their technical ability beyond the fundamental mechanisms of Liquibase.
Exam prerequisites include successfully completing all four intermediate-level courses. Earning this certification will provide you with an official and proven validation of your Liquibase expertise.
Share your ideas for the 2022 Liquibase Roadmap
How could we improve your Liquibase experience?
What new features would you like to see?
What problems do you want us to fix?
Share your ideas and upvote others in the Liquibase forum!
January Community Meetup – “Ask Me Anything”
During January’s “Ask Me Anything” meetup, the Community Team answered questions from users in the community. Take a look at the recording!
February 11 – Liquibase Community Meetup – Share Your Ideas for the 2022 Roadmap
This month, our host will be Liquibase Product Owner, Karen Taggart who will lead a discussion on the community roadmap based on ideas discussed in the Liquibase Forum post.
Regardless of your level of experience with Liquibase, Database DevOps, or Open Source software – we want to hear from you!
Content we ❤️
Thanks to all of the people in the community who share their stories, insights, and experience with Liquibase. Below are the top pieces of content from January.
- The Live Database Pipeline -Ashley Frieze
- Control liquibase migration scripts on different environments -Knoldus, Inc.
- Can CI/CD get on with databases? -Marco
- Liquibase Data is Git for Databases -Robert Reeves
- Introduction Into Liquibase with SpringBoot -Lev Novokreshchenov
- The Benefits of Using Liquibase Over a Custom Built Database Tool -Erika Kalar
- Como utilizar o Liquibase – Gerando Tabelas no Spring Boot -Flak 137
- Database Migrations Best Practices – Using Liquibase Kotlin Spring Boot -Out of DevOps
- Database Migration with Liquibase, Gradle and Spring Boot -O & B Software Labs
Top Questions Asked in the Forum
These questions had the most views in our forum recently. Check out their answers from members of our community and comment with your own expertise!
- Liquibase Snowflake is failing on second run
- This question is about deploying scripts to Snowflake using the Liquibase Docker image
- What conferences are you attending this year?
- Crowdsourcing info about what conferences peoople plan to attend in 2022.
- Liquibase 3.6 XSD 403 error
- This question is relates to a XSD 403 error that has since been fixed
Top Forum Supporters of the Month
Thank you to all who have continued to support and contribute to Liquibase. As always, hop over to our community page to learn more about how to get involved.
See you next month with more updates!