Hacktoberfest 2020: Contribute to Liquibase
As hard as it is to believe, it’s almost October. That means Hacktoberfest will begin soon. We expect this year’s celebration of open source to be even more amazing than last year with tens of thousands of participants (and great swag from our friends at DigitalOcean). All you need to do is sign up and make four pull requests October 1-31st.
Here’s how to get started
⭐ If you haven’t already done so, add a star to the Liquibase repo on GitHub.⭐
- Sign up for Hacktoberfest. (You’ll need a GitHub account so that Hacktoberfest can track your completed pull requests.)
- Join our Liquibase Hacktoberfest channel on Discord.
- Register for our Liquibase Hacktoberfest meetup on October 13th.
- Read the code of conduct
- Start making pull requests in GitHub!
We’ve added a Hacktoberfest label to our GitHub issues to make it easy to find some good pull requests to work on.
How to contribute to Liquibase
- Learn how to contribute code during Hacktoberfest. Contribute to our core code. Read instructions for how to help fix bugs and contribute to feature requests.
- Contribute to an existing extension to improve how Liquibase works with different types of databases.
- Create a new extension that helps Liquibase work with more databases.
- Contribute to our PrismJS extension to improve syntax highlighting.
- Contribute to our Liquibase Test Harness.
Join us on the Liquibase Hacktoberfest Discord channel if you get stuck or need some direction. There’s also an official Hacktoberfest Discord that can help people who have general questions about contributing to open source projects.
In case you missed it!
Watch our Hacktoberfest Meetup video.