February 2022 Community Recap
Before I share updates from the Liquibase Community, I want to acknowledge the unprovoked Russian War that is unfolding in Ukraine. To our colleagues, friends, community members, and all people of Ukraine, we stand with you.
We ask that you join us in standing by supporting the people of Ukraine. Our colleagues have recommended some trustworthy organizations to support.
Liquibase 4.8.0 Released
This release includes community-contributed pull requests, Liquibase Community and Liquibase Pro bug fixes, and a new Liquibase Hub functionality: the
init hub subcommand. This connects your local Liquibase activity to Liquibase Hub and sets up the Liquibase environment to use Liquibase Hub.
Our community has built a lot. Thanks to everyone who contributes and helps make the Liquibase community strong, including the following contributors to the release.
Liquibase Legends Points Update for 2022
Thanks for your contributions to the Liquibase Community in 2021!
As a reminder, your Liquibase Legends points reset for 2022. Don’t worry! You’ll keep 50% of the points you earned in 2020 & 2021. Your new point totals for 2022 are now reflected on the Legends leaderboard.
Check out all the things you can do to earn points in 2022!
Thanks for sharing your ideas for the 2022 Liquibase Roadmap!
Thank you to those who joined our Liquibase Roadmap Meetup earlier in February! If you missed the meetup, you can watch the recording at your leisure.
Liquibase Product Owner, Karen Taggart has collected everyone’s ideas in our new Idea Portal. It’s not too late to add your own!
March 10 – Liquibase Community Tech Talk: Liquibase Data – Versioning and Collaboration for Databases
With Liquibase Data, we’re bringing git to the database so you can easily version containerized databases, share changes with team members, store versions in remote locations, and tag versions.
Join Liquibase CTO, Robert Reeves and Senior Software Engineer, Derek Smart, in their demo and discussion around Liquibase Data on March 10 at 11am CST.
Content we ❤️
Thanks to all of the people in the community who share their stories, insights, and experience with Liquibase. Below are the top pieces of content from February.
- Liquibase Successfully Completes SOC 2 Type 2 Certification -Erika Kalar
- Liquibase and EDB extend CI/CD to EDB PostgreSQL Advanced Server -EDB Team
- Liquibase Spring Boot Properties -Saraubh Gupta
- Liquibase rollback – A smart way to do it with Jenkins -Łukasz Kosiciarz
- Reclaiming Imposter Syndrome -Karen Taggart
- Version Control of BigQuery schema changes with Liquibase -Olejniczak Lukasz
- How to Set Up GitLab CI/CD Pipelines with Liquibase -Tsvi Zandany
- Liquibase Data for Microsoft SQL Server -Robert Reeves
- How we manage our DB has all changed. Talking Database, Liquibase, w Robert Reeves -Percona
- Deploying Database Changes For Microservices -Memet
- Schema version control with Liquibase – Part 2 -Guillaume Martin
Top Questions Asked in the Forum
These questions had the most views in our forum recently. Check out their answers from members of our community and comment with your own expertise!
- Inserting Multiple Records using Single Change Set with dynamic parameters
- A question where a user has a requirement where they need to insert the multiple records based on dynamic parameters.
- Using Liquibase in test automation
- This user is curious about a way to reset the database after each testing suite
- Share Your Ideas for the Liquibase 2022 Roadmap
- Users discuss their ideas for the 2022 roadmap prior to the meetup discussion
Top Forum Supporters of the Month
Thank you to all who have continued to support and contribute to Liquibase. As always, hop over to our community page to learn more about how to get involved.
See you next month with more updates!