August 2022 Community Recap
Moving past the summer of 2022 and into autumn, it’s hard to believe it’s already September! Let’s take a look at everything that happened in the Liquibase Community last month.
Here are a few of the most recent release highlights.
Liquibase 4.15.0 – Released August 5, 2022
Highlights of this release include:
New liquibase flow command
- liquibase flow and new flow-file added to Liquibase Pro (DAT-10419) by in #2946
- The liqubase flow command and the Flow File on which it operates allow the user to place multiple commands within a single file so they can all run sequentially with a single command into the CLI. This is currently a Liquibase Labs restricted capability, so please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a license key. Learn more in the flow documentation.
- Support setting searchPath in CommandTests (DAT-11055) by @StevenMassaro in #3129
- Added duplicateFileMode setting for maven plugin by @nvoxland in #3119
Did you know that you can earn points towards unlocking the Liquibase Luminary, Leader, and Legend Achievements just by answering questions on the Liquibase forum? Check out All the ways you can earn points for 2022, and don’t forget to join the program!
Our community has contributed a lot to this release. Thanks to everyone who contributes and helps make the Liquibase community strong, including the following first-time contributors.
- @andrewhj made their first contribution in #1971
- @lzxgyh made their first contribution in #3063
- @kazz62 made their first contribution in #2239
- @ctgnz made their first contribution in #2892
- @michaelmatthiaskern made their first contribution in #2712
- @martinspielmann made their first contribution in #3093
Build your Liquibase Expertise with Liquibase University 🍎
We have been working hard to update our University offerings, and we think you’ll love the changes. There’s still more to come, and we can’t wait to share it with you. Enroll in your free Liquibase Fundamentals course today and earn your certification. Share your certs on LinkedIn, too, so your colleagues can celebrate your progress!
Top Forum Supporters of the Month
You can watch many other helpful videos on our YouTube channel – Don’t forget to subscribe and hit that bell to be notified when we upload new content!
We also recorded Migrating Database Workloads to a Cloud-native Architecture on AWS with Liquibase
Learn how Liquibase helps customers manage the process of migrating database workloads to support microservices on AWS, all while increasing agility, scale, and speed.
What’s Up Next?
Share your ideas and vote for suggestions from the community!
Version 4.16 will be released very soon and it will include support for contextFilter and labelFilter. We also have a Meetup this week featuring Neo4j and exploring when to use graph databases vs relational databases. More Meetup info is available below.
Please take a few minutes to browse the idea board, share your thoughts, and upvote other ideas you find valuable. Thank you!
Community Helpers Wanted!
Calling all helpers! One of the ideas at the center of the open source movement is collaborating. An easy way to collaborate with other community members is by sharing your knowledge. We have a vibrant group of folks from all around the globe sharing the spaces on our Forum, StackOverflow, GitHub, and Discord. But we need your help! New folks join every day, and we welcome old friends with open arms. Can you stop by this week and see if there are any new questions you can help with? You can earn points towards your Liquibase Legends milestone titles by answering questions! Hope to see you there!
Top Questions Asked in the Forum
These questions had the most views in our forum recently. Check out their answers from members of our community and comment with your expertise! See who’s on the top of the forum.
- Deploy log-file in database
- Handling access privilege in liquibase
- We have released Liquibase 4.15.0
- What’s the best feedback you’ve received from a manager?
- Liquibase 3.5 XSD gives 403 error
Upcoming Webinar for September:
How to Architect Modern Database CI/CD Pipelines on AWS
Key considerations for scaling your database deployments in the cloud
Upcoming Meetup for September:
Migrations in a Schemaless World with Neo4j and Liquibase
Register below to join the Liquibase Community Meetup on Thursday, September 8th, 2022 at 11 am CST. Our Tech Talk guest speaker is Florent Biville from Neo4j who will discuss use cases for both Relational and Graph DBs and share a demonstration of using Neo4j with Liquibase.
To all of the people in the community who share their Liquibase stories, insights, and experience: Thank you. Below are the top content contributions from last month.
- Learn why it makes sense to apply Agile development practices to database deployments
- Learn more about CALMS and how your organization can specifically apply this DevOps model to the database to achieve better overall DevOps success
- So how exactly does Liquibase work? 🤔 We’ll show you how
- Databases have never been more important because data has never been more important. Ensure database compliance without slowing down your process
Thank you to all who have continued to support and contribute to Liquibase. As always, hop over to our community page to learn more about how to get involved.
See you next month with more updates!