In this guide, we outline the steps required to bring databases into a CI/CD pipeline.
True continuous integration and delivery for the database is not about wrapping a bunch of scripts and running them from an automation tool. In this guide, you’ll learn how to truly leverage the practices of CI/CD to significantly improve the flow of database changes through your delivery pipeline with all of the quality and guardrails that are intrinsic to a well-architected modern pipeline.
Here’s a glimpse of the topics covered in this white paper:
- Goals & Challenges of CI/CD Pipeline Design
- Batching Database Changes
- Automating Database Builds
- Ensuring Quality Database Changes
- Reliable & Predictable Database Deployments
- Trustworthy Database Environments
- Sandbox Databases
- Guardrails for CI/CD
- Visibility into the CI/CD Pipeline
- How to Handle Problems with Database Changes
- Measuring Database CI/CD Pipeline Performance