As the VP of Marketing, you’ll lead a scrappy, agile, and collaborative team that is ready to change the world one database at a time.
- You will be a key company leader and thought partner to the senior management team.
- You’ll have the autonomy to build a world-class start-up marketing program, from needs assessment to measurement.
- You’ll accelerate the number of logos in the Sales pipeline, take full ownership of our online presence, and lead our customer acquisition program.
Our ideal candidate will be a highly organized team player, able to manage multiple timelines and deliverables simultaneously within a tech startup environment.
What are the responsibilities?
- Build a world-class start-up marketing program. You’ll be responsible for enabling everyone on the team to share our story.
- Architect a top-to-bottom SaaS marketing strategy, collaborating with sales leaders to iterate the plan based on results.
- Create and drive marketing initiatives focused on brand awareness, marketing content, website, social media, webinars, PPC, and more.
- Test and iterate across different customer segments, campaigns, and sales tactics.
- Define success metrics and take responsibility for the results. Closely monitor demand generation effectiveness, win rates, and customer renewal.
- Provide feedback to Product leaders on feature gaps and initiatives to inform our go-to-market and product roadmap.
- Support open source community engagement to foster a path to turn community members into happy customers.
- Build relationships with partners and work together on campaigns.
- Manage and negotiate with vendors, freelancers, etc.
What skills do I need?
- BA/BS degree in Marketing, Communications or Computer Science.
- 10+ years of experience in B2B technology/software solutions, product, and campaign growth.
- Background in marketing enterprise subscription-based software, API, data, or SaaS solutions targeting technology buyers.
- 5+ years of managing a team of Marketing and Demand Generation professionals.
- 5+ years of proven success in growing a consumer startup.
- 3+ years in an executive role demonstrating strong leadership ability.
- Successful track record in implementing a product-led growth strategy.
- Budget management and optimization across marketing channels.
- Experience with rolling out a high-velocity transactional model. Bonus points if you have experience supporting a transition from a more traditional sales model to SaaS model.
- Demonstrated ability to develop impactful, fact-based, value propositions that require a strong analytical and creative thought process.
- Deep understanding of designing, building, and optimizing digital experiences.
- Experience partnering closely with sales leadership.
- A measurable, mathematical understanding of the connection between demand generation and revenue growth
- Expertise in brand and product messaging.
What technologies do we use?
Marketo (considering HubSpot), Salesforce, WordPress (WPEngine), FastSpring, Moz, Brand24, Google Adwords, Google Analytics
- You possess our core values of integrity, empathy, and accountability.
- You’re all about collaboration.
- Your decisions are driven by data and hitting KPIs.
- You’re a lifetime learner, excited to grow both in your career and within the company.
- You understand the value of open source. You’re excited to foster a community and appreciate the balance of Community and Marketing to customers.
Perks of life at Liquibase
- Insight into how some of the world’s largest brands manage software teams and releases.
- A transparent and collaborative team environment. We value multiple perspectives and fresh thinking.
- No punks, no jerks.
- Ability to innovate and change process. (We are a scrappy, agile & collaborative group.)
- Everyone is a shareholder in the company.
- Generous, company paid stipend towards benefits.
- Flexible time off and paid holidays.
- Flexibility of remote work.